- The Sunday Times ranked Expedia #22 on its 2013 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work for.
- Hotels.com has officially been named a CoolBrand,
in an influential annual initiative to identify the UK's coolest brands. The CoolBrands® list, now in its eleventh year, follows a vote by a combination of just under 3,000 consumers and a panel of 39 designers, style experts, media personalities and prominent figures from the worlds of TV, fashion and music.
- Expedia Local Expert® has been named one of Hawaii's Best Places to Work by Hawaii Business Magazine. The concierge and destination experiences provider offers local expertise and an array of activities and excursions throughout Hawaii.
- Expedia, Inc. Named Number One Travel Seller in the World on Travel Weekly’s 2011 Power List. This makes Expedia, Inc. the world's largest online travel agency for a second year in a row.
- Seattle Met ranks Expedia, Inc. among Seattle's Best Places to Work. Expedia, Inc. was recognized as one of the top 20 Seattle area companies.
- Fortune names Expedia, Inc. among World’s Most Admired Companies. Expedia, Inc. was ranked #4 in the Internet Services and Retailing category, and for a third time was the only Online Travel Agency to break into the top five. Industry rankings reflect the feedback of executives, directors, and analysts within the industry.
- Expedia® named one of the Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business Magazine. The Seattle Business Magazine produces this annual list to recognize companies that are 'doing well by doing things right.' Expedia ranked fourth among large companies.
- Expedia, Inc. headquarters earns top honors for “Best Office Space” by 425 Magazine. Special features of the headquarters include a game room (complete with ping pong and foosball tables) and 1/3 acre lawn space in the heart of Bellevue, Washington. Expedia was also named runner-up for “Best Place to Work,” “Best Large Business,” and “Most Creative Company.”
- Expedia HQ building achieves LEED Silver Certification. Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED is an internationally recognized green building certification program that verifies that a building was designed and built using strategies that support sustainability.
- Expedia finishes Number One in Customer Loyalty in the Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement Index. The Index is based on 35,000 customer interviews each quarter and ranks customers' relationships with brands in 75 categories.
- Expedia, Inc. named as having "Best Company Perks" by 425 Magazine. Special benefits include reimbursements for leisure travel each year ($250-$750, depending on tenure), three weeks of paid vacation beginning your first year, and other travel discount perks.
- Hotwire® awarded top ranking among hotel travel websites on the Market Metrix Hospitality Index (MMHI) in June 2011. Hotwire has repeatedly received the top ranking from MMHI.
- Hotwire wins W3 Silver Honors for Best Travel Website in 2010. The W³ Awards honor creative excellence on the web and recognize the creative and marketing professionals behind award winning sites, videos, and marketing programs.
- Hotels.com® U.S. named Best Overall Customer Experience by Keynote Competitive Research. The Keynote study examines nine of the top online travel websites in the U.S., with the rankings based on data collected through Keynote and responses from 1,800 real users.
- Hotels.com receives Bronze Effie Award for “Smart” Campaign. Awards were given to those companies that demonstrated the most effective global advertising initiatives through the use of creativity and unique brand-building.
- Hotels.com wins multiple Adrian Awards, including Grand Prize in Loyalty Marketing for WelcomeRewards®. The Adrian Awards are the largest travel marketing competition in the world, honoring outstanding achievements in advertising, public relations, and digital marketing.
- Egencia® wins award for Best Corporate Travel Innovation of 2011 by the German leading trade fair for corporate travel, the Business Travel & Meetings Show. Egencia’s Air Fare Benchmarking provides a completely new insight regarding booking air tickets and corresponding air fare trends, providing cost-saving opportunities in corporate travel planning.
- The Hotels.com team, rolling up under our Expedia Asia Pacific Limited operations, was recognized as a “Caring Company” by the Hong Kong Council of Social Service. The award recognizes companies that show they care for the community, employees, and the environment.
Trademarks and logos are property of their respective owners. © 2011 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved.